The EU Delegation to Serbia and the project “Reinforced Implementation of Visibility and Communication Activities of IPA Programmes” organise a nation-wide cartoon and short comic book competition on the following topic: “This Earth Belongs to All of Us – Move on for the Environment!”.
We invite both professional and amateur cartoonists and comic book artists to send their artworks on environmental problems in Serbia, on how Serbian citizens preserve the environment or how they fail to do it.
The best artworks (first three and finalists) selected by the jury consisted of eminent cartoonists will be presented at exhibitions organised in June and July in several Serbian cities, as part of an environmental protection campaign. There are no restrictions for participation in the contest, except legally binding standards and rejection of the hate speech in any form.
Terms and conditions
- TOPIC: This Earth Belongs to All of Us – Move on for the Environment!
In order to encourage Serbian citizens to take action in promoting environmental protection, the EU Delegation to Serbia and the project “Reinforced Implementation of Visibility and Communication Activities of IPA Programmes” organise a nation-wide cartoon and short comic book competition. The aim of the competition is to see how Serbian citizens perceive problems concerning environmental protection as well as to promote the importance of this topic and launch a “call to action.”
- PARTICIPANTS: All Serbian citizens over 16 years of age, both professional and non-professional cartoonists and comic book artists, are allowed to participate in the contest. Participants under 16 are advised to have a written consent signed by their parents. Jury members are not eligible to participate in the competition.
- MAXIMUM NUMBER OF ENTRIES PER PARTICIPANT: 1
- Contributions must be sent in PDF/JPG format, (minimum 300 dpi) and must be originally drawn or printed (digital works) cartoons and comic books, black and white or in colour. Previously published artworks are not eligible. All graphic techniques are allowed. An explanation of the drawing is not mandatory.
The size of work: A4 format. Short comic books are restricted to one (1) table.
- Scanned artworks should be accompanied by the following: title of the artwork; name of the author; postal address; e-mail address; a short CV.
All works that contain hate speech, in any form, will be rejected.
- FORMAT: Entries must be sent in the electronic form (PDF/JPG, minimum 300 dpi) to the following address: email@example.com
- DEADLINE: 2 June 2019
- COPYRIGHT: By entering the contest, each participant gives the EU Delegation to Serbia permission to publish the submitted works and use them.
The three awarded cartoons will become property of the EU Delegation; all finalists will relinquish their copyrights, allowing the EU Delegation to publish them in brochures, catalogues, calendars and media.
First prize: €500 voucher
Second prize: €350 voucher
Third prize: €200 voucher.
For the finalists: goody bags with drawing kits.
The jury consists of five members, as follows:
- Three professional cartoonists: Predrag Koraksic Corax and Jugoslav Vlahovic
- One representative of the EU Delegation to Serbia
- One representative of the project “Reinforced Implementation of Visibility and Communication Activities of IPA Programmes.”
In accordance with professional standards, the jury will select 20 of the best entries and choose three winners among them. The jury’s decision will be announced in early June.
Jury decisions are final and cannot be challenged.
- CATALOGUE/CARTOON BOOK
Selected artworks might be included in a catalogue printed on recycled paper.
- BY SENDING HIS/HER WORK, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES TO ABIDE BY THE CONTEST RULES.
- ANY POSSIBLE DISPUTES WILL BE SETTLED BY THE ORGANISATIONAL COMMITTEE.
As the competition is part of an environmental protection campaign, to be implemented across Serbia from early June through mid-July, the exhibitions of cartoons and comic books will be organised in Subotica, Uzice, Sabac and Belgrade. The dates of the competition winners’ announcement and introductory exhibition will be decided later.