Enterprises from the Republic of Serbia are invited to apply for support under the “EU for Serbia – EBRD Advisory Support to SMEs” funded by the European Union and implemented by the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) in cooperation with the Ministry of Economy of the Republic of Serbia.
After successful results of the previous cycles, the European Union has provided an additional 2.2 million euros for the continuation of the program. Through the program, the EBRD connects clients with domestic consultants and international advisors to help them improve their business. The program also offers the possibility of training for domestic consultants.
Business advises in the areas of:
- Improving financial management and reporting;
- Information systems (production and financial);
- Development and Export Strategies;
- Engineering (development of major projects of new plants, technological studies, etc.);
- Energetic efficiency;
- Reorganization and preparation of business plans;
- Searching for business partners and investors;
- Environmental protection (including ISO 14000 and FSC CoC);
- Standardization (CE, ISO, HACCP, Global GAP, etc.);
The right to apply are companies that meet the following criteria:
- Small or medium-sized enterprises in all business sectors, with the exception of military and tobacco industry, heavy drinks, insurance, banking, financial services and games of chance;
- Mostly private and in majority domestic ownership;
- There are at least two years;
- From 10 to 500 employees;
- Financial stability and growth potential.
The final decision on each application is made by the EBRD.
“The EU for Serbia – EBRD Advisory Support to SMEs” is funded through the Instrument for Pre-accession Assistance (IPA) of the European Union. The implementation period is 48 months. Depending on the size of the company and the number of employees, companies have a part of project costs up to 60% for projects with domestic consultants, and up to 18% for projects that require the support of international advisers.
Visit www.ebrd.com/work-with-us/advice-for-small-businesses/serbia and www.preduzetnistvo.gov.rs or contact the EBRD office in Belgrade on 011 212 0872 or e-mail: email@example.com for more information.